It’s only Tuesday. And for most of us who hate our jobs, that’s like saying, “You’ve got a thousand more years before you get to sit down and relax.”
Well, I find that if you take a moment to jot down the things that make you happiest, and then every day until the weekend you do a couple of those things, it makes your work week much more bearable. A dark tunnel isn’t so scary if you see the light at the end of it.
So here’s a list of things that make me happiest.
- My wife and kids: My wife’s loving words, my daughters contagious laugh, and our son (still a foster) not crying if he falls down as he’s learning to walk.
- Ruffles’ Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream potato chips
- Pixar/Disney movies – especially the ones that make me cry.
- Finishing a new book every week, because that means I’m actually enjoying the art of reading a lot.
- Boneless buffalo wings so hot your nose runs and your eyes water, making your plate a soppy mess.
- Pizza where the mozzarella is so discernible you’d think you were eating a block of warm, melted cheese.
- Ice cream that’s so creamy you’d swear the cow stirred the milk herself.
- Random trips to Starbucks with the family and getting a big honkin’ frappuccino with whipped cream.
- Good ideas for new books to write. Because those are mine alone and I get excited about the prospect of writing a new book.
- When my dogs go potty on the grass right away.
- Those limited edition Oreo’s they have out now (especially cotton candy flavored).
- Reading your comments below my blog posts.
- My new website (andrewtoybooks) which is still in development.
Share some of the things that make you happiest below and have a great rest of the week!