***Please note that I am currently closed to submissions at this point, as I have chosen not one, but two people out of my strong list of candidates.***
After many years of dreaming, pondering, and contemplating, I’ve decided to start my own publishing company.
Sure, most authors do that nowadays, so on the surface, this isn’t a very big decision. But if you’ve read any of my books, you know that I don’t do things like everyone else.
I don’t want just a successful company, but I envision a unique business where authors thrive and support each other for the benefit of their own careers and the company.
I need help.
Because I envision this thing being much bigger than me, I would like someone to join me in this venture.
If you’re interested, please review the list of qualities/requirements I’m looking for in potential candidates:
- Have tons of drive and ambition and an attitude that never gives up
- Have a spirit that is willing to foster others with talent and help them succeed
- Have a deep love of Story as well as a desire to bring out the full potential in each book
- Have some experience with editing and writing (experience will be measured on a case-by-case basis)
- Be willing to challenge the “tried and true” and buck tradition in favor of risk, creativity, and innovation
Not required, but would be helpful:
- Live close to Louisville, KY
- Be familiar with the Pixar business model (found in Creativity, Inc.) and agree this is the best way to do business
If you’re interested in applying and scheduling a phone interview with me, email me a little bit about yourself at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re keeping it casual, here!